Google has launched AMP ( Accelerated Mobile Pages ) in order to improve the website load time . So in case you are planning to move on to AMP on your website , you must be aware of its pros and cons together with proper method to implant AMP on your website .
Google AMP is an open source framework which is currently supported by Google , Twitter , Linkedin etc . As Google has a mythology of introducing something which can be easily used by anyone , AMP fact is also the same – it can be used by an app , browser or web viewer . As it is era of mobile app development , everyone is trying to enhance user experience . Google AMP is a combiner’s of HTML5, JS and other catch libraries . Google keep on enhancing the AMP technology from time to time , and has recently come up with these 2 types of optimisation :
1) Images : After images are getting matched , it can be loaded more quickly . For this meta could be removed , but before that make sure it does not affect user experience .
2) A more lite version : A lite version of AMP is primarily focusing on areas where internet signal is very slow and images takes lots of time to download . A lite version focuses on displaying some information that is meant and is informational .
Pros And Cons Of Google AMP
- By proper implementation of AMP , you can get a way out to stand higher in the crowd as google is offering higher ranking to AMP pages .
- AMP speed up the mobile website and load time and thereby delivers fast page response .
- If you are the one whose major part of traffic comes from mobile then AMP aids you with improvement of server performance .
- AMP is most widely accept by google only with specific google analytics tags , but it might not be the case of every other analytics platform .
- Implementing ad on AMP pages is complicated task to achieve with .