Has bar management become the biggest headache for you? Are you still spending hours manually tracking bar lists and bookings? If yes, switching to a “bar management app” is not only a good business move, but also an immediate demand for the success of your bar. With the launch that nightclubs and bars generate approximately $ 259 billion in revenue each year and are expected to grow at a 1.9% CAGR, clubbing and boozing have undoubtedly become a modern American culture.
We have to tell you about the US nightlife and the ever-evolving competition that you have to face daily in the bar and nightclub industry. But we can all assure you that when other people are going to lose using a pen, paper, calculator or excel sheet to manage their business so you can have a game management app for your nightclub or restaurant. A well-planned bar management app can bring all of these benefits to your business from organized inventory records, innovative business insights to better business opportunities for operations and sales. With a strategically developed bar app, you can take full control of your bar and make better decisions to run your bar profitably.
Well, technology is everywhere and integrating the right tech-stack or hiring app development company at the right time for restaurants or clubs to take their business to new heights. No matter whether it is a pizzeria or casual food, we can notice technology everywhere. As the competition picks up speed, restaurants, bars and nightclubs are looking for new ways to retain old customers and attract new ones. Creating a bar management app is one of the best ways to prepare your business for market changes and stay ahead of your competition.
Bar & Nightclub Industry Snapshot at Macro Level
Before you dive straight into the app development process and learn how it can benefit your business, let’s take a look at a bigger picture of the market:
Essential Bars and Nightclub Industry Statistics
- Bars and nightclubs in the US generated revenue of approximately $ 24 billion each year.
- 7 million people regularly buy liquor at a bar or nightclub.
- More than 2 million people visited a bar or a nightclub located in a casino.
- Currently, 62,500 bars and nightclubs are operating in the US-based industry in active form.
- The bar industry is growing at 2.9% yo.
- The tavern is making over 30% of the bars in the US, which is considered the most important segment of bars.
In summary: These trends and analytics show that bars and nightclubs are booming – as revenue is increasing, customers are spending more, people have started moving more often. On one hand, the industry is growing at its best. On the other hand, new businesses entering this industry face all these challenges.
However the challenge of owning a bar or nightclub that takes $ 850,000 + to start this business is already there, so bar management makes the best impact on the community by developing an app.
Bar Management App and It Works
The bar management app is a simple software application designed with advanced level features so that you can manage the daily tasks of running a nightclub or bar more efficiently. So instead of spending hours managing bar inventories or reservations, a single bar management app can help you fix everything from offer announcements, happy hours, pre-booking deals. Technology-integrated bar management solutions are designed to meet the needs of the nightclub industry and increase efficiency in all aspects.
The app is ideally developed for restaurants, bars and nightclubs with many features, even simple enough to reach even small bars. These point-of-sale solutions have been developed for cross-platform (Android and iOS), making your server mobile and convenient to use and enhance the customer experience by eliminating wait times.
Therefore, all you have to do is to hire app developers who can help you build the right app. By using the bar management app, you will have better control over your entire bar operation. This allows you to automate daily tasks, keep track of tasks and stay on top of changes. Bar management app developed with an easy to navigate user interface to make users feel comfortable and allow administrators to manage and manage reservations in a hassle-free manner.
- The admin feature of the app measures all in-house data related to total booking, reservation, sales, stock and growth insights.
- The app’s reservation feature provides a user-friendly display of all reservations and their stats.
- The staff facility will show all staffing schedules for assigned stations.
Further, the app is integrated with many tools that allow bars, nightclubs and lounges to manage their events and reservations according to their table arrangements, floor plans, customer relationships, staff assignments, guest lists and more.
To get more control over your operations, using the bar management app, here’s how it usually works:
- Place a command by the user with a simple touch on the application.
- Make a reservation at a bar or nightclub or restaurant using valid coupons or during happy hours.
- Payment processing can be done in advance by taking advantage of multiple payment gateways.
- Provide an electronic receipt to confirm payment and reservation.
- Take advantage of advanced features such as HD quality image gallery, 360-degree view of the venue, live bar location and more.
Apart, it all depends on your business requirements and budget and how complex app structure you will need for your enterprise.
Bar Management Software makes your Business More Profitable
The bar management app is a lot more than managing your bar and gives you the best platform yet to generate potential business revenue generating opportunities. While bars and nightclubs are the most lucrative industries to start, what if you cannot involve customers in your business? How do customers know about the best display menu item? If you do not know the answer to these questions, you are probably missing a potential segment of the market. Before you hire a software developer, let’s understand how it can add a competitive edge to your business and give you real information in the market.
Here is the following discussion about how a management APP can make your business profitable:
- Minimise the Risk of Error in Database
Keeping track of bookings and inventory with pen and paper can cause human errors and you may lose business. However, with one click on the application, you can get the exact information of your bar at the end of each time. Through the admin access of the app, you can determine how much product is used, sold, and how much stock is left in the house for the next shift.
- Analyse Business Performance
Feeling Tired to keep your nightclub weekly records in Excel sheets? If yes, then a Bar management app will be an excellent option for you. It comes with a unique report feature that tracks all valuable information such as the amount of bar spills, your monthly booking, sales and more. With a one-time management app, you can access data to reduce costs and improve customer services.
Since running the bar is not enough of a challenge, you have to manually handle and manage the bar data. The valuable time you have to manually do the calculations, reservations, and business progress will take valuable time. Instead of manually entering each item and its details in a spreadsheet, it is better to let your bar management app manage data automatically, adding stocks, inventories, processing orders, reservations, and more.
If all of you are convinced to get started with your bar management app, then it is simple to hire a mobile application development company and start rolling in this thriving industry. But only by having the best app development team will you not work. You should have an app idea and feature set and technology that you want to leverage in the application. So let’s know how to develop your app.
How to Develop A Bar Management App?
There are many guides available on the Internet explaining the lifecycle of app development, but before falling for that idea, keep in mind that every business has different app requirements, target audience, and budget. So let’s understand how to create a management app that helps you stand first in the competition.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to creating a bar management app for your business:
1. Mark Research and Define Your Business Goals
No matter how great an app idea you have, it makes no sense if it has no users. So before you start building your bar management app, make sure to do market research and analyze the data to find out exactly what it is, does it help you meet the end needs of users and it How to help your business grow. As you plan to develop a bar management app for your nightclub, bar or restaurant, so you need to pay attention to these questions:
- Are you developing a business bar management app or looking for an aggregator model?
- If you are looking for an aggregator business model, then set a parameter to collaborate with other business owners.
- How complex will your app be, and how long does it take to launch an app?
- In which budget are you ready to invest in the app? Will it be for customers only or will it also be for staff shift or management of tracking inventory?
App development planning is the key to success; Therefore, it is worth hiring a mobile app developer that can help you gather information and enable you to get started correctly.
2. Choice of Operating Platform
The next step is to decide the platform to launch your app: native Android / iOS or both. Generally, Java, Swift, C ++ are used to develop native iOS or Android applications and Flutter, React Native, Xameric, Ionic are mainly used to build cross-platform applications.
If you are confused about how to make the right decision to choose a suitable platform, then first of all understand your audience. Since, people between the ages of 25 and 45 regularly go to bars or nightclubs; So they should be iOS and Android users. And presenting your app on only one native platform means that you are missing the potential user segment of the other platform. So it makes sense to hire a software developer for cross-platform application development that enables you to build an application that runs on multiple platforms with basically the same codebase.
3. Features & Functionalities to develop Bar Management App
Although app features and functionalities eat up the most important segment of app development cost, it is also an important element that determines how successful your app will be in a competitive market. While various mobile applications are already available in the App Store, you need to move forward in the market by integrating the specific feature set in your app.Here are the essential features that you will have to integrate into the bar management app. But to go beyond these features, it is recommended to appoint a mobile app development company. That can fit your business needs and budget, and you can create an application that will help you meet your goals.
Key Features For Bar Management Application are as follows:
- Table Reservation: Add the option to reserve the table at a convenient time to avoid long waits.
- Booking tickets for the event: Add the provision to book a slot for the bar counter and purchase tickets for the event that most lounges, bars or nightclubs usually organize on weekends such as DJ Nights.
- Photo and Video Gallery: Provide a glimpse of your location through high-quality photographs so that customers get an idea of the ambience of the place and without a doubt reserve a table.
- Push notifications: Keep your customers updated with the latest offers such as happy hours, pre-booking discounts, cashback offers, deals and more.
- Social Media Sharing: This feature will help users to share their experience with others on social media networks and enhance your branding.
- Payment Gateway: Encourage users to make advance payments using multiple payment options, including credit / debit cards, in-app wallets and more.
- Loyalty Points: To encourage users to pay in advance, you can reward them with loyalty points on every booking and those points can be easily redeemed on the next billing.
- Jio Auto-Sharing Message: Add a feature to your app to send messages to customers when they are near their location and book a table with the best offers.
- Sending auto reminders: Customers are required to send a reminder message before their appointments and booking.
- QR Code Scanning: If the customer refuses to pay in advance and asks to be paid at the table, add the option to scan the QR code for quick access.
4. Hiring a Mobile Application Development Team
Now you have an app idea, a list of platform features and favorites – all you have to do is hire a mobile app developer. Which can transform your app’s idea into a scalable, robust and flexible product by integrating the right methods, techniques and tools. Many of you are wondering whether you should develop an in-house app development team or outsource it to developers. Well, the truth of the fact is that 40% of organizations choose to outsource to a software development company as it helps them achieve a right solution and enables them to focus on their core goals.
To develop a bar management app, you need a team, which is as follows:
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Backend / Frontend Developer
- UX / UI Designer
- Quality Assurance Engineer
The hourly cost of hiring programmers, designers and developers typically starts at $ 20, $ 100 and $ 150 + in India, Europe and the US respectively.
5. Monetize YOUR BAR MANAGEMENT APP
How to profit from your application is one of the pressing concerns of organizations. So here is the best monetization strategy that you can implement for a bar management app. The aggregator business model is a network model where you can collaborate with multiple bars, lounges, night clubs and restaurants to provide services under your brand name. Using this model, you can provide the same quality and value to customers offered by different partners.
Using the aggregator model is a win-win monetization strategy as it helps to market your brands and allows you to make money on services offered by other nightclubs. Integrating the aggregator model into your app can be a bit misleading for startups, so they may consider hiring a cross-platform app development company to get started early with the product.
6. Cost To develop A Bar Management App
It is always difficult to provide an estimation of application development costs because many factors affect the final application development cost. The complexity, features, and functionalities of the app, from the app development team to the technologies used in app development, are hundreds of things that add up to the cost of your project. According to statistics, the initial cost of app development can range from $ 37,000 to $ 50,000 + and it can go anywhere from $ 100,000 + depending on various factors.
So the simple way to get a real-life estimate is a software development company that works with a team of experts who analyze your project requirements and provide estimates accordingly. In addition, you can apply this formula to calculate the final application development cost:
Developer Per Hour Cost * Total Number of Development Hours = Final Cost Estimates
Bars and nightclubs have become a staple for American culture. With this blog, you have understood how fast this industry is moving forward and increasing competition between nightclubs and bars. Therefore, we have elaborated on the baseline of the app’s idea, its development life cycle, the cost of development, and all the criteria to help you expand your business. You can easily get started with your bar management app by taking help from a mobile app development company.
Nevertheless, if you have any doubt on any point of this blog, you can contact our profile and us for expert help and solution.