“Is it possible for me to reserve an app name so that nobody can use the same?” This is a common question that crops up in people’s minds when they decide to develop an app. This is worth thinking about. Actually, you don’t want to create something that is already there and that can be very annoying for you. So the question is how to prevent such a situation?
Essential things to do to avoid embarrassment later on
First and foremost go to the App Store to ensure none has a similar name. Also with Apple you can book the name for yourself to dissuade others from using it. For this you have to:
- Login to your itunesconnect.apple.com account.
- Visit My Apps at the top right corner
- Add new app
- Provide full details about the new app.
Caution: You require an app bundle to finish it.
- Click on “Create” and your app name is now booked.
As for Android everything is convenient! You cannot reserve a name however it is possible to have apps with similar names. So you don’t have to book the name. It is up to you to decide whether you need the name of another app.
Apart from booking a slot in the app store you should examine and reserve:
- Domain name for the app
- Name regarding Facebook page
- Name of Twitter page
- Name of the rest of social media page
In case if you name your app as “Max Pirate” then your:
- Domain would be “maxpirate.com”
- Facebook page: facebook.com/maxpirate
- Twitter page: twitter.com/maxpirate
- Other social media pages like Instagram will also have similar logic: instagram.com/maxpirate