Drones has opened the whole new doors for previously unavailable opportunities . When we talk about drones , the very first things that comes out in mind is drones fly in air , however that is not the case in present scenario . Drones are also available on ground as well as under water . With over decades of experience in custom software development , we have defined unique software architecture defining set of features for modern drone apps , which aids in defining trends to shape future of drone software development .
Industries Where Drones Are Used
Drones are gaining huge popularity worldwide . As per the recent reports by Goldman Sachs , following below industries will be faster adopter of Drones :
Construction : Drones can we well used in construction industry for building surveillance , creation of contour maps , building roads and railways , counting construction supplies and so on .
Agriculture : Drones can be used to monitor plants on real time basis , monitoring water spray on crops .
Insurance : Inspection of damage , risk management and fraud monitoring .
Oil & Gas : Monitoring as well as laying of oil and gas pipeline .
Disaster Management : Quick view of areas affected by natural disaster and thereby informing rescue team about damage , food supply and so on .
Logistics : Checking of inventories , delivering of packages by Drones and so on .
Security : Monitoring of boundaries , enhancing security at crowded place .
Overview Of Sample Drone Software Architecture
Drone software all together compromise of several parts : System software , User software and cloud based control platform . Let us elaborate system software first .
System software compromise of following components :
- Embedded software has function very similar to CPU . It has ability to manage hardware , track drone , analyse data received by drone sensor which is often taken by GPS , ultrasonic and vision sensor .
- OS facilitate user to facilitate firmware part .
- Web and cloud interface facilitate data access from OS through remote control drones systems and then streaming gathered data from embedded software to cloud or mobile devices .
Cloud based drone control platform is being used for storiation , analysis and processing of data . Cloud platform is necessarily required to create 3D maps creation , computer vision as well as paternities recognition .
Brief Highlights In Modern Day Drone Application Development
In order to make your drone app a huge success , we would like to suggest paying attention to following development aspects :
Features For Safe And Convenient Work
There are some basic set of features which should be included in the application like :
- Simulation , training as well as controlling of flights
- Making prediction as well as checking weather condition in flying region
- Planning of routes by taking a close eye on no-fly zones , privacy zones and so on
- Real time video transmission of data by audio/video streaming from the location wherein drone is flying
User app can offer additional set of features to extend its functionality depending on the usability of the drone .
Other Important Consideration
Drone software has to follow certain standards such as DO-178C and ISO 14508 in a way that code architecture , coding and integration process , review and testing as well as management should be well organised .
Exception Data Security
Drones are often primary target of hacker attacks . Thus drones software should be given attention to extra layer of security specially when it is being used for government and military purposes . This can be achieved by adding extra layer of security in software development like strong encryption , authentication in software , isolating confidential parts .
Continuous enhancement of software capability in running environment which limiting the stable release of software is what is needed for enhancement of system stability . There should be continuous development , delivery and deployment approach through various latest approaches .
Design That Allows Scalability
Drone software should be made in a way that it is compatible in case of number of user data increases as well as should be ready for accepting new feature and Depp customisation . The best way to optimise way is to use latest pattern for application architecture .
Integration With Other Systems
Drone system should be made in a way that it can be integrated with enterprise system . For instance say logistics system for delivery services etc .
Simple UI In User Apps
UI should be made in a way that it becomes simple for user to control drone . It should be made easy right from drone flying process to accurately conveying analytics results .
What Does Market Except From Drones In Near Future
The near future except more of a kind of automation in drone capabilities . They will derive from :
- Ability to redefine rough with use of AI technology in case of natural calamities . AI algorithms needs to be refined for better creation of strategy . AI technology should be implemented in a way that it offers both co pilot mode as well as automatic flight modes for drones .
- Real time monitoring and coordination .The demand of RTOS ( real-time operating system ) is always demanding due to its capabilities for quicker data processing and accurate responding
In addition to what has been listed above , improving data collection and analysis will be first priority . User require more sophisticated pattern recognition for enhancement of 3D modelling , image process and analysis , deep learning and other direct correlation with modern enterprise drone usages .